Sunday, 12 June 2016

Review: Benefit Cheekathon Palette

Hello Lovelies!

This post is kind of random but I treated myself to a few things from Sephora and thought I would review them for you guys! This product is the Benefit Cheekathon Blush and Bronzer Palette.
 I have always wanted to try some Benefit boxed blushes. Especially Rocketeur and Dallas. When they came out with this palette I got super excited because it was a great way to try all their cult favourites in one purchase! 
 The packaging is super cute as usual with Benefit products. It is quite bulky but thats because you get a lot of product with each blush. It comes with the same brush that they put with the individual boxed blushes. I personally am not a fan of it but some people may like it. This product retails for $75 CAD while the individual boxed blushes retail for $36. So overall the value is great for this palette.
 I like that they have the name of each product under the blush pans so when you take the plastic film off, the name is still there.
The only issue I had with this palette is that the actual blushes themselves weren't as pigmented as I thought they would be. I always go into Sephora and swatch the individual boxed blushes and they swatch beautifully with great pigmentation. However in this palette the formula seems to be different. I hate when companies do this, where the product is the same but once they put it into palette form the quality decreases.
They do apply better with a brush onto the cheeks but you have to build them up quite a bit. The finger swatches were lacking in my opinion as I had to go over them several times for them to show up on my arm. 

Overall I give this palette a 7/10. I think its a great value and I love concept, I just wish they lived up to the quality of the original individual boxed blushes. 

Hope you guys liked this! Let me know what you think and if you bought this yourselves!

3 comments:

  1. I have the hoola in a separate box and I love it to contour with. This whole box looks rather good. It's a shame it's not as pigmented :(
    Great to see your back to blogging!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of purchasing this but I wasn't sure if the shades would be too light on me. Good to see that the shades show up really well in your swatches but shame that the quality is slightly lacking.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this palette doesn't seem sooo good and pigmented :( have a lovely day !! xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3