Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Review: Splat Long Lasting Color

Hello Lovelies!

Today I am back with another hair product review. This product was sent to me for review and since I wear a hijab I tested it on my friend. This product comes with a bleach and the actual hair colour. I personally didn't use the bleach because my friend didn't want to bleach her hair. 
I requested the colour Purple Desire Mauve.
It claims to be a semi permanent colour if you use the bleach. If not it comes out within a couple showers.
This is what the product looks like. Its really goopy and can easily make a big mess so be really careful and use dark towels when applying this product.
We only did a small strand of hair to test it out. We applied the product and waited the proper amount of time and then rinsed it out. A lot of product came out during the rinse. It basically left the hair looking like it had not been dyed.
It quite honestly stained the skin better than her hair lol!

You can kind of see it among her hair. It didn't really show well because her hair is black.
If this product interests you, it can be purchased on FarleyCo's website.
It retails for $14.99.
Overall this product is nice if you wanna use it with bleach. The colour will show up much more vibrant if bleach first. But even without the bleach the colour is subtle enough to do your entire head of hair. After all it does come out in just a few showers. I don't like how messy it is though. The product is very liquidy. I would give it a 6/10.

I'm sorry I've been so MIA from uploading regular blog posts on a proper schedule but you will soon find out why. Thanks for being patient and supportive!

26 comments:

  1. Great review, Jenan! 6/10 isn't that bad of a product. Thanks for sharing.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah for sure, I will use it myself and probably with the bleach but it wasn't super great. I've used other dyes that were great!

      Delete
  2. Interesting product. Great review!

    www.beautywithterri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Jehan and I totally agree that it doesn't do much without the bleach!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post about this hair color!
    Kisses from germany, Sophie♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice color.
    xoxo

    www.thestyleberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing color!
    Whould you like follow each other? Follow me and I follow you :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe with bleach, it would look better. Maybe I should get it because I reeeeallly want purple hair but I think my mom will kill me hahaha <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on using it with bleach on my own hair and hopefully it works better!

      Delete
  8. I will soon be dying my hair again. Though I have already purchased a color cream, but it seems like a more promising product. I'll be using bleach with mine, so I'm hoping it would turn out more pigmented (it's gonna be red)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thats exciting! Red is so pretty if done correctly!

      Delete
  9. AMAZING
    I love it
    kiss

    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/10/das-was-bleit.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair are sooo beautiful! So shiny :) loveee!!

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like this can be a fun way to add some colour but gets very messy from other reviews that I've read. Your friend has lovely hair btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a fun touch of colour but its very messy for sure!

      Delete
  12. VERY NICE
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/11/best-way-to-style-denim-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3