Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Winged Eyeliner Tutorial

Hello Lovelies!

Several people have asked me about my winged eyeliner and how I do it, what products I use, etc. I feel like my signature makeup look is a nice crisp winged liner! I love how it makes my eyes look and how it compliments most of my makeup looks.
So I thought I would try to show you how I do it in pictures. 
First of all, you will need these products:
Kat Von D Tattoo liner in the shade trooper (not the ink liner, that ones different)
NYC liquid liner in the shade black
 Best eyeliner combo!
 The tip of the NYC liquid liner is more of a paddle. It has a flat side which is great for filling in the wing.
As you can see the KVD liner is not matte, the NYC liner is matte and super black!

Please note that these are the products I used, you dont have to use these products if you want to but thats what I use to achieve this look! :)
1. Start with doing your eyeshadow. Please don't mind my eyes because I did this eyeliner late at night after having worn my makeup all day. Either way, you want to have done your eyeshadow first.
2. Go in with your liquid eyeliner pen, preferably a brush tip instead of a felt tip because it stays nice and sharp. 
Turn the wand on its side just like in the picture and gently and slowly make a thin line right on the edge of your lash line! Do NOT do this in one brush stroke because thats how you end up with thick eyeliner! Just take it slow and dap the brush on its side gently and move along
3. Start in the middle of your eye lid and then work your way to the inner corner and then outer corner. I ended up switching eyes for the rest of the photos because it was easier to take pictures that way so pleas dont mind the scar on my eyelid.
4. Start from the bottom of your outer corner of the lid and make a quick little swish upwards with your wand. It does not have to be perfect because I will show you how you can fix it. 
If you need to use to tape so that both wings are symmetrical feel free but I don't like putting tape near my eyes so I just wing it! (lol pun intended)
5. Draw a line from the centre of your eye lid and connect it about half way on that line we made earlier. 
6. Ever so gently and slowly connect those lines we just made by making a smooth little swish upwards towards the point of the wing. Be careful at this part because thats how most wings end up failing. But I promise if you start how I did, it should work!
7. Fill in the wing with the NYC liquid liner carefully. Make sure you wipe the paddle brush tip of the NYC liner because its very liquidy! This is the part where you can smooth out the line close to the lash line. 
8. There you have it! This is more of a long winged liner. You can choose to stop here but if you want to fix anything or cut the wing shorter, I will show you below!
9. If you want to cut the liner shorter, take a q-tip and dip it in some makeup remover. Then ever so slightly, wipe down from the top of the wing and swipe down very carefully not to ruin what you've done!
10. Take a very tiny lip brush or any small dense brush with a sharp tip. Dip it in some concealer and use it to clean up the edge of the wing that you just shortened.
And there you have a shorter wing! Hopefully this helps guys! Quite a few people have asked and so I thought this would help. I don't want to get into videos so thats why I didn't do a video tutorial. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

38 comments:

  1. This is brilliant and will try it on myself today! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! I mainly did it for you girl!

      Delete
  2. Great tutorial dear!! Thanks for your tips!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun, hopefuly its helpful!

      Delete
  3. great tutorial!! wish i could make eyeliner look that good on me lol great post!! xxx

    Anisha <3 www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can and Im sure it'll looke great! it takes time and practice!

      Delete
  4. I love the NYC black linear! It is so black!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post hun, amazing way to do eyeliner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! It makes my life so much easier!

      Delete
  6. I can only say one thing: perfect :) good job dear !
    Have a lovely day :-*

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que maximo make maravilhosa
    venha participar do sorteio 03 anos do blog,
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeQXJjUpSQ
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always double up my liner, it makes it super black and long wearing. Awesome tutorial, love the step by step photos!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Doing step by step photos is hard to do, yours are always wonderful!

      Delete
  9. That is an amazing tutorial I have been having hard times duin d winged eyes !! Now I can try again :)
    lets follow each other, chk out my new post - http://sapphireziva.blogspot.com/
    instagram/facebookpage/bloglovin/google

    love,Kanchan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winged liner is definitely tricky, this is what works for me! Hope it works for you too!

      Delete
  10. We just love how beautifully you create that winged look and will definitely be trying out your tips soon!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love the eyeliner but it is always difficult to apply.

    www.beautywithterri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky thats for sure, especially getting both eyes to match! haha

      Delete
  12. Helpful Post <3
    New post on my blog: http://glitzzngrace.blogspot.com/2015/08/paris-diary-1-paris-never-bad-idea.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial :))))

    http://asja91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look! I finally was able to get myself the NCY eyeliner in black... it was always sold out.. I'm so excited to try it out! Kat Von D is not sold here in italy yet... I will have to wait on that :) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nyc black liner is so great! Love that you got it!

      Delete
  15. Fantastic Tutorial ,great Work!

    lovely Greets <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. NYC liner looks very black ;) Your winged eyeliner looks perfect, while in my case it's almost impossible to get a decent one because my eyes crease so much. xx Maja
    http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but all you need is a waterproof eyeliner and then see it with some black eyeshadow, it would stay put really well!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3