Thursday, 13 August 2015

Makeup Review: Buxom Custom Eyeshadow Palette

Hello Lovelies!

When Buxom released eyeshadows I was very excited to try them! They came up with a very nice and unique idea. They have individual eyeshadows and empty palettes. The palette is $50 and you can choose 6 shades to fill the palette. Each shadow costs $15 individually, however when you order them with the palette, the price gets knocked down to $50.
I had heard so many great things about these shadows and was so excited that I could choose the shades I wanted and get them in palette form without being way too expensive.
The shadows each come individually packaged as well as the palette.
There is a little insert that pops out of the palette allowing you to place the shadows in whatever order you want and then insert them into the palette.
These are the six shades I chose. I wanted colours that I mostly don't already have but also some neutral matte shadows to blend into the crease. Honestly the way to truly test out a company's shadows and know they're good is if they can make a great matte brown!
This is my absolute favourite of the bunch! It is a stunning purple with silver and blue shift. It blew me away when I swatched it! So pigmented and gorgeous when it catches the light!
This is a matte terracota brown. It blended in my crease so smooth and incredible! Very comparable to my makeup geek shadows! It was not chalky at all and had no fall out! Great shade!
I love me a hot pink eyeshadow and this one was so pretty! It looks gorgeous blended on the bottom lash line!
Posh purple is a gorgeous royal purple metallic shade. I love using it with the shade below called luxe life!
This is a stunning periwinkle blue. I love it! It has small shimmer particles but they don't come off on the skin whatsoever so I would consider it a matte. Its very vibrant and pigmented, I was really impressed!
I love my warm brown eyeshadows so I had to get this shade! Its beautiful in the crease or buffed into the outer corner of the eye! Classic shade everyone needs in their collection!
Here you can see the shadows in the insert. It slides into the side of the palette.
I just love these shades! I can do so much with them, especially since I have tons of events coming up this fall!
Above is the shadows swatched in sunlight
These are them swatched in daylight. La-la-lavish isn't showing up true to colour! Its incredible in person!
They are so pretty! I love them!

So there you have it, I highly recommend these Buxom palettes and I give them major props because their eyeshadows are so great! You can purchase these shadows on Sephora's website or in stores!

Let me know what you think!

28 comments:

  1. All the shades are gorgeous !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah I chose shades I didnt have already and these were my favourite!

      Delete
  2. I actually love the idea of customizing our own eyeshadow palette, way too often I buy a palette and only use a couple of the shades while the others are left untouched. Will need to look into this.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so great and the shades are so good, I love that I got to choose the ones I wanted!

      Delete
  3. Ah these shades are just so lovely. Defo don't mind getting one of these. Great review! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, yah its great and their shadows are incredible!

      Delete
  4. Omg!! La-la-lavish is such a beautiful colour,
    I mean they all are very pretty but this looks gorgeous!!
    (request for a look!!! pleaseee =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its stunning in person! I will definitely post a look with it!

      Delete
  5. Excellent eye shadow!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♡
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great palette! I love the colours you chose, especially Party girl!! *-*
    Have a nice Saturday
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  7. The colours are very pretty! Thanks for sharing as I don't know this brand ;) have a lovely day.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This brand mostly sells lip products, they only recently started making eyeshadows!

      Delete
  8. Woow lovely product review
    that posh purple eyeshadow looks like it would make a bomb smokey eye look *_*

    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredible in the outer corner!! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful palette! And la la lavish really is soo unique! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would show true to colour, its stunning!

      Delete
  10. nice post
    Maybe we can follow each other !?
    Just let me know :)

    http://candymalfoy.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my favourite is Invite Only! It's such a gorgoeus brown but Party Girl looks freaking amazing too! <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Invite only is litterally what I've been using everyday this week! Love it in my crease!

      Delete
  12. These shades look so pretty.I love the review and I hope to try this brand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I've been waiting for a review of these! I especially like Luxe Life and La-La-Lavish. Buxom is a brand I am not too familiar with, other than those personalized name lipglosses. I'll definitely swatch these in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are incredible Julie! Definitely swatch them, the fact that its customizable is the best part! I have an eyeshadow look coming tomorrow with this palette! I use every shade in the palette!

      Delete
  14. That's such a great idea to put together a palette with all your favorite shades! I bet la-la-lavish is a stunning color. Could it be a substitute of white eye shadow, if used under water line of the eye? I am wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isnt white so I don't think it could be used as a substitute for a white eyeshadow, I would use a nude shade or a light brown instead!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3