Friday, 8 May 2015

Makeup Review: Marc Jacobs #INSTAMARC

Hello Lovelies!

I just wanted to put this quick review up for the new Marc Jacobs #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder. This is compact duo that Marc Jacobs made which includes a pale yellow toned highlighting shade and a cool tone taupe-brown contour shade. Now THIS is what I call a sculpting duo because it truly is designed to sculpt out the face.
As you can see its a gorgeous highlight and contour duo. The shades are just perfect for sculpting out the face as they are very neutral and not too warm or too cool. 
 This is the box it came in. The compact is quite large and you get a lot of product which is nice!
Marc Jacobs is more of a luxury product. It is quite high end and you can tell by their packaging. It is so chic!   
 This is what it looked like when I opened it. It has a large mirror and it had a plastic cover protecting the powder.
 Below are the powders swatched. They are so incredible soft without creating kickup or fallout. I really am impressed. 
The only thing I have a slight problem with is the fact that this is advertised as a light filtering duo and I don't really feel like it does anything light filtering. It is however a beautiful powder that is very soft and blends like a dream!

I would rate this product a 9/10. It is super expensive retailing for $59 but the compact is so large and you get a lot of product. I love this duo and I recommend getting it if you want a nice splurge!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, that does looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm not a pro with the art of contouring yet but once I've mastered it, I'll sure to buy this.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This product makes contouring easy! Its so beautiful and almost impossible to be too harsh with! I love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm not hugely in to contouring either simply because I dont know how to lol but this really does look beautiful!! Great Post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Contouring isnt rocket science, I promise! its super easy and this powder is amazing for that!

      Delete
    2. lol will have a good go!! xxx

      Delete
  3. The contour shade looks beautiful! So natural-looking, I must check this out! Thanks <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really nice, i'd love to try some of his makeup!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review and Swatches! i really love this Powder Duo :)

    Happy Weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! Its a beautiful duo!

      Delete
  6. Love the packaging!! So sleek!! No wonder its that pricey haha
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooowww sooo good and soooooooooooooo expensive :)

    Have a nice day ! _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
  8. great duo <3 love it! but it is expensive :/
    http://www.chemimakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3