Sunday, 31 May 2015

Makeup Review: LA Girl Lip Glazes

Hello Lovelies!

I am back with another review! This product is by no means new but I thought it might be useful to show some colour swatches and discuss this formula. 
These are some of the shades of the L.A. Girl Lip Glazes. These were very popular last year when they first came out. Many people said they were dupes for the Too Faced melted liquid lipsticks. They are NOT dupes for those lipsticks whatsoever. In fact they are actually good dupes for OCC lip tars! These of course are much more affordable than the lip tars. They retail anywhere from $3-$6 at various drugstores.
They are packaged in squeeze tubes. The applicator is awful! I love the product that comes out but the packaging is not convenient at all! Because of the formula, the lip gloss is extremely pigmented and so it needs more of a precise applicator, which this doesn't have. You pretty much need to use this product with a lip brush.
Now that I've ranted about the applicator let's talk formula! These glosses are very similar to the formula of an OCC lip tar. They are very creamy and moisturizing. Too much of the product could make them potentially bleed out onto your face, so you should use an anti-feathering pencil with them. 
They are very pigmented shades. They wear for about 3 hours and they face gracefully. They do stain the lips a bit which is nice! They are not sticky like a lip gloss. They just feel like a very pigmented creamy lipstick once they set on the lips! 
*With Flash*

I would rate this product a 6/10. The product itself is nice, but because of the packaging it makes it very inconvenient to use for me. I like to put on a lipstick or lipgloss and then put in my purse so I can touch up with it later. This product makes it impossible to touch up with on the go. So I like the product on the inside but the packaging ruins my experience with it. 

Hopefully this was helpful! Let me know what you think!

42 comments:

  1. Oooo the colours look really pretty! Tempt in particular looks really nice! Xxx Great Post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempt is stunning on with some winged eyeliner!

      Delete
  2. 'blushing' and 'coy' are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coy is nice but it makes my teeth look yellow, and blushing is so pretty!

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful colors, I like !!!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ❤
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blushing colour and pin up are gorgeous!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these colors look intense. Not really into using lip products with a brush, but I still might try them :)

    Kisses, Kali
    www.kalisinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I didn't give them a higher rating, I dont like the fact that I have to use a brush to apply them! Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  6. Amazing lip tint:) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lip gloss and these are so bold and lovely. Great review, Jenan. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! They are definitely bold!

      Delete
  8. I'm more a matte girl but this lippies would look absolutely gorgeus on you!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun!! I love a good matte lip too!

      Delete
  9. Ahh, if only there was a better applicator and packaging. I still think the colours are great though!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! The colours are great though!

      Delete
  10. wanna try them all!giulia
    www.theslashgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many other shades too! Try them out!

      Delete
  11. I love the last one;)xoxo

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and bright colors !
    http://mosaictrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog! Following you via GFC and blogloving now :))

    Kisses, Kali
    www.kalisinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice colors!

    http://www.blueberriesblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really do look so pigmented, the colors are wonderful! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Shades are gorgeous! My favorite Colour is Blushing :)

    lovely Greets :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're right the packaging is so bad!! :) I tag you on my blog :) hope you like it! x

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag hun! And yah its not easy to use!

      Delete
  19. These colors are amazing and they look bold too! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  20. These colours are stunning!!! My favorite is coy!! *-*
    Have a nice day!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3