Friday, 1 May 2015

All About Makeup Setting/Facial Sprays

Hello Lovelies!

Today I want to talk about facial/setting sprays and how they can change your makeup game! I use each one a certain way and I go into more detail below!
These are all the different facial sprays I have used. All of these except for the Elf one are travel sizes so they are smaller versions. They each have different and similar purposes and I will talk about them all below!
This is the Evian facial spray. It comes in an aerosol can spray bottle and it has several purposes. I like to use it to refresh my skin before applying makeup. I also spray my brushes with it to make apply more smoothly on my face. Its basically water so it doesn't do much for makeup setting. It doesnt make my foundation last any longer than normal. I bought this in a two pack (2 x 1.7oz)for travel for $15. There are larger size individual bottles that retail for a little more.
This is the famous MAC fix +. It is a great facial spray as well. I use it to hydrate my skin and I love spraying it on my brushes to buff foundation into my skin. I also love spraying my face with it after I'm finished my makeup, not to make it last longer, but to take away any of the cakiness that powder can create. It has a different formula from the Evian spray and it supposed to have really great ingredients to help moisturize and refresh your skin. The full size of this is $26 but this 10z travel size is $12. It is pricey for what it is to be honest. 
This is Elf Cosmetics Makeup Mist and Set. This spray is only $3 and I would say it is the closest in smell, texture, and finish to MAC's fix + which makes it a great affordable dupe. I use it for all the same reasons that I do fix +. Since it is called the mist and set, I used to set my makeup and since I have an oily t-zone it didn't do much for me in terms of my makeup lasting but it was really nice to use during makeup application.
This is the Smashbox Primer water. Its a fairly new product and it is designed to not only set your makeup but prime it as well. I didn't believe a setting spray could really hold the oils down like an actual primer could. I used it to primer my face and I have to say my makeup held on for the same time it does when I use my hourglass mineral primer which is really great! 
The only problem is that this primer isn't great for filling in any fine lines like my other primers so my foundation did kind of sink in the fines a little during the day. So now I use the spray and a little bit of a pore filling primer as well.
This is the Urban Decay De-slick oil control setting spray. It is supposed to help prolong the wear of your makeup. I personally didn't like this too much because I find it actually shortened the wear of my makeup. I don't know why but it just didn't work for me. Urban Decay has some other setting sprays but I have yet to try them.

Let me know if there are any facial sprays I am missing out on because I love to try them!

36 comments:

  1. This is a great list of setting sprays! I personally have never used one but have been reading lots of great review about Evian. Might need to pick it up to try myself.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Evian one is great but its basically water, I would recommend trying Fix + as well! They both make makeup application really great!

      Delete
  2. This is super helpful - thank you! I've been looking for a setting spray for a while and you've helped to de-code them all! :)

    Chloe//Candidly Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun! Glad I can help, definitely try them out!

      Delete
  3. Hey, your blog rocks..something that i don't want to miss further..well, i am not a spray person but yes for summers they can do good job by avoiding roughness or cakiness on skin..def. following you, hope you d the same.

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following hun! And you should really try the sprays, they can change your makeup game!

      Delete
  4. I have never really used setting sprays but they seem really good! That evian in particular I will need to check out! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely girl! You will love it!

      Delete
  5. Wow ,great Post and Reviews! i really like your Blog ,it is always interesting to visit you :)

    Have a wonderful Weekend Jenan ,lovely Greetings from Vienna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I try really hard to keep things nice and interesting!

      Delete
  6. I don't use any spray... it's bad? I don't know.. I think it's one more step but not needful.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely not needed but I personally have enjoyed using them as mixing mediums to make eyeshadows more pigmented too! I really love using them!

      Delete
  7. Excellent post>>>>This is super helpful. really great!
    Have a nice days.
    http://toptrends-fashion.blogspot.com
    [[Related My Another Popular Meditation Blog]]
    http://meditationuk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Urban Decay Setting Spray and I absolutely love it! Great post <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, Im glad you like it!

      Delete
  9. Which would you say is the absolute favorite? The ELF one looks like a wonderful deal. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say Fix + and the elf one are my favourites because they are basically the same thing! They are so great!

      Delete
  10. Nice review dear!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review!!
    I would be delighted if we could follow each other) Let me know !

    http://marylyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me!<3 I followed you back!

      Delete
  12. I´m impressed of how many products you have!! I didn´t even know what a facial spray is! :D
    great review!! thanks for sharing!!
    have a wonderful day!
    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => check out my new post here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully this showed you something new!

      Delete
  13. I love the Evian spray! I apply it on hot days when my face needs a little refresh!
    I now follow you on GFC #109, please follow back <3

    www.absie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! The evian spray is great for that!

      Delete
  14. Great products

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Post JENAN <3 you used many facial sprays! I've never used any haha so weird
    See you in my blog

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3