Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Makeup Review: Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Duo #2

Hello Lovelies!

This past Sunday was the VIB Rouge event at Sephora and I went for the first time. It was really nice and of course I went a little crazy. More like a lot crazy, I bought some stuff! So I have a lot of new products to review. This one is up first!

So this is the Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Duo in shade 2. It is another contouring/highlighting product that is on the market and I have mixed feelings on it. 
 The colour of the highlight is actually very gold in person! It is absolutely stunning and I bought this duo pretty much only for the highlight.
 This is it with a heavy swatch and under it is a blended out swatched. It is stunning in person and the camera is really not doing it justice.
This is the contouring/bronzing shade. Now this is marketed as a sculpting duo so I was surprised to see how orange the power was. I was quite disappointed with it because I can't really bronze my face with because of how orange it is and I definitely can't use it to contour. (Contour shades should be cool tone browns with ashy/gray undertones in order to create a proper shadow)
I have the highlight on my cheekbones, lightly tapped on my eyelids and tiny bit on my nose. I am not wearing the bronzing shade because it was quite orange and the look I was going for didn't really need a bronzer that shade.
 lol I cannot take myself seriously when I pull these faces but I'm only posting them so you can see the highlight in action. 

So here is the verdict. I like this duo a lot but really only for the highlight. The highlight is so gorgeous it almost makes up for how disappointing the bronzing powder is. In terms of the bronzing shade, I am really bummed by how orange it is. I am going to make it work, probably as an eyeshadow because it would be gorgeous as an eyeshadow but still that is not its main purpose so it kinda sucks.

In terms of pigmentation, the two shades are very pigmented, they have such an interesting formula. They are not powdery, they are quite buttery to the touch and apply and blend really nice! The highlight is finely milled and it looks stunning on the cheekbone

Overall I would give this product a 7/10 just because I dont like the orange tone of the bronzing powder. I would honestly recommend picking up the compact just for the highlight shade. I do really the compact and the the bronzing shade would make a gorgeous blush or eyeshadow but in general I would never use it for its main purpose.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, the highlighter is gorgeous, shame about the bronzer though or it would have been a perfect product.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah it really sucks, it wasn't cheap either! But I'll make it work!

      Delete
  2. Lovely shades, so natural but glam in the same time ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that the contour shade is too orange-y. I hate it when that happens...Maybe you can use it as a a bronzer instead? Haha, love the highlight on you though! It's beautiful!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah I am going to try but even for a bronzer it is still quite orangey. I am going to work it as an eyeshadow and see what happens from there.

      Delete
  4. Love how it looks in the packaging, its a shame the contour colour is orange. They should of named it bronzing and highlighting people will asume is for sculpting other wise. Great review as always. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but like I told Bash above, even for bronzing, it is really orangey in person. It would be difficult to use for bronzing too. Thanks hun!

      Delete
  5. This product looks interesting.

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. For sure girl! The highlight is amazing!

      Delete
  7. Assalamualaykum, you look like my cousin KAI DARUL (Lilpink.info) :) Happy blogging. Visit my post and if you have suggestions, please let me know. Shukran

    http://abbeysyosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3