Sunday, 19 April 2015

Makeup Review: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

Hello Lovelies!

I'm back with another review of a product that I hauled during the Sephora VIB sale. When this product came out I was so psyched to get it and I was unfortunately disappointed with it. I love Kat Von D's makeup products and usually they are great but this one in particular just didn't do it for me.
 As you can see tha palette is gorgeous. It is a completely matte palette and the colours will suit everyone as there is a clear variety of neutral, cool tone and warm tone shadows.
This was the back of the box, it had the names of all the shadows.
This was the front of the palette. I always love the packaging of Kat Von D's palettes. They are very good quality packages and come with a good size mirror.
 The neutral shades
 The cool tone shades
 The warm tone shades
The selection of shadows really intrigued me. I figured this palette would be perfect for travel as an all matte palette of go to crease shades, etc. Unfortunately matte shadows are very difficult to perfect and this palette was a dud for me. 
 These are finger swactches with multiple dips into the palette to achieve these colours. I normally only dip my finger once with makeup geek shadows and achieve amazing pigmentation right off the bat but these shadows took some building. 
 The more building the patchier they get. They were extremely difficult to blend on the lids. I enjoy effortless shadows like the Lorac palettes or the Makeup Geek shadows. I don't even have to think about when using those shadows but these ones were giving me a hard time and I felt like any look I did turned out very muddy. This palette also had a lot of kick up and fallout. The shadows were quite powdery and I kept having to blow on it which just wasted product.
 I really tried to makeup them work but they looked so muddy. I just didn't enjoy this palette and I will be returning it. I love their Shade Light palette for the face so much so I expected great things from this palette but unfortunately I was not impressed. 

Sorry for the negativity but I just want to be honest. I would rate this palette a 4/10. I love the shade range but the shadows are not overly pigmented. They are patchy and look muddy on me. Of course people will have different experiences but this is just my honest opinion. Hope this was helpful!

28 comments:

  1. OH man!! I figured if it looks so good then the pigmentation would be great, its such a shame. I so badly wanted to get it, when I saw it pop up all over instagram. Thanks for sharing, Now I get a good perspective about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean other people really love it, however I prefer my makeup geek shadows a million times more and they have incredibly similar shades! I should've done a dupes post! Sorry hun but if you're going to spend your money go for the Kat Von D monarch palette, so much better quality!

      Delete
  2. Cool palette:) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the honest review! Shame about the quality because the shades look amazing. :-/

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to love it but I just returned it. It really is a shame!

      Delete
  4. Soo sad!!! Kat Von D has always good products!

    Happy Monday !! xx

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love kat von d's makeup thats why I was shocked to see how much of a dud it was :(

      Delete
  5. Aww, that sucks. I thought the palette would be good but thanks for your honest opinion <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah I returned it because I knew I would never use it. It just didnt work for me

      Delete
  6. That is a bummer but it really helps everyone else. Great and honest review.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah it sucks that it turned out like that, a lot of the reviews online say they love it, I just didnt experience that!

      Delete
  7. Wow love your honesty ! Really weak the pigmentation :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog dear! If you are interested in following each other, notify me!! :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these shades! Great review! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah the shades are gorgeous but too bad the pigmentation isnt that great!

      Delete
  11. I usually use brown shades so this fits perfectly with my needs, thank you for the review ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say they are all quite cool tone or at least they look that way on my skin! Give it a try though, it might be your cup of tea!

      Delete
  12. WOW, so pretty !
    I wish they sent that to my country's stores.
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah that sucks that Kat Von D products are not available worldwide!

      Delete
  13. shame you didn't get along with it, i've never tried her products but everyone seems to love them!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah I love her other stuff but unfortunately this one just didnt work out for me!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3