Friday, 17 April 2015

Makeup Review: Cover FX Custom Cover Drops

Hello Lovelies!

Today I am writing about a new revolutionary product. Read carefully so you can fully understand how awesome this product is! This is the new Cover FX Customer Cover Drops. This product claims to be able to mix with foundations, primers, moisturizers, oils, serums, etc in order to create the perfect custom foundation. They are simply drops of pure pigment to mix with various bases. It was created for makeup artists and anyone really to be able to change foundation shades or mix colours with different bases to suit their clients. 
 I picked the shade G30. It is too light for me but I bought it on purpose so I could mix it with my foundation shades that are too dark. So far I really like though and I'll probably buy the shade that is my actual skintone later.
 So in order to demonstrate how this product works I laid out 3 different products. The first one is a  facial serum, second is a foundation and the third is a silicone based primer from Maybelline. 
 The Cover FX drops come with a little derum type dropper. The website says 1 drop gives sheer coverage, 2 drops give light coverage, 3 drops give medium coverage and 4 drops give absolute full coverage. I used 2 drops in each base.

 As you can see they blend so well with the pigment drops to make great custom foundation. 
 Mixing it with the Baby Skin primer didn't achieve the best outcome. The primer is very silicone based so it would not make an ideal base. However I'm sure I could make it work on my skin had I applied with a brush.
 This was my favourite consistency and I bought the cover fx drops mainly to mix with other foundations. It mixed so flawlessly with the other foundation.
This was the drops mixed with the serum and I have to say it was nice but it sunk into every fine line and wrinkle on my handle. Probably because serums don't preform like foundations. Either way the pigment mixed very well with the serum.

I am very impressed with this product. Cover FX really did a great job with these drops and they have a large shade range. Makeup artists would really benefit from having a few of these in their kit. You can even change the undertones of certain foundations which is really great!
Let me know what you think of this product!

18 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed too :) but there isn't this brand in my country!

    xx || _Aishettina_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might find it online, Im sure someone has to ship it overseas!

      Delete
  2. Great post

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting products kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting product and I agree it would be brilliant with makeup artists. Don't think it'll do much for someone like me though but I definitely can see its appeal.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I would benefit from it because it changed the undertone of some of my neutral foundations by making them more yellow undertone and also it lightened up some of summer foundations that are too dark. Its really cool!

      Delete
  5. This looks like a really good product, Great review X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun, I really wanted to demonstrate how they work!

      Delete
  6. I like these products ;) new follower on Gfc ;)
    http://shanaticlandiablog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeey sweetheart!
    I love your blog and am following.
    I am Brazilian and I invite you to meet my space!
    XOXO :*

    Instagram: tamiya343 and Twitter: @ cat_343

    http://www.makedamotociclista.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try Baby Skin!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♡

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/2015/04/dresslink.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that is so cool! I would love to get this product soon! Do you think you can use it as a standalone foundation?

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Lots of people are saying they love it as a foundation on its own! It is pure pigment so I imagine it would feel extremely lightweight!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3