Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Makeup Review: Kat Von D Shade/Light Palette

Hello Lovelies!

I have recently acquired this lovely palette. Obviously the trend for this year is going to be contouring and highlghting and so every company is coming out with their own version of contour and highlight powders and creams. This one is by far my favourite from the few I've tried. So on with the review!
 The packaging is so beautiful and the quality is phenominal. Its heavy and sturdy and very nice! I always love Kat Von D's packaging, its always very cool!
 The box has all the shades and their names on the back which is definitely helpful.
 It has a nice large mirror which is always nice.
 The shades are beautiful and good for multiple skin tones. So far I've used all of them on my skin and they apply so beautifully with a brush. All of the shades are completely matte and their formulas are wonderful!
 So here are the six shades. They are so beautiful and very pigmented. There is a little bit of kick off when you dip your brush into the pan.
 Lucid is a is a pinkish tone highlight colour that really brightens the undereye area. 
Lyric is a yellow tone brightening powder. It is great for the undereye and corrects some of the darkness. 
Levitation is an interesting shade. It is a very salmon-y coral type colour. Still very brightening but I don't use it under the eye. I use it more under my contour.
Sombre is a great shade for contouring. It is a cool tone almost grayish brown that is perfect for creating shadows around the face.
Shadowplay is a great bronzing shade as it is a warm brown. I love using it with a big fluffy brush and dusting all around my face where the sun would give me a nice bronze.
Subconcious is a very deep brown. Not too warm and not too cool either. I use it to deepen my contour under my cheekbones. It is very nice but quite dark for me, so I wouldn't use this everyday. It works great if you want an intense contour.

So there it is, the wonderful Shade/Light palette. Let me know your thoughts and if you own this palette. I recommend it for everyone! It really is worth every penny!

44 comments:

  1. I have read many amazing reviews on Kat Von D makeup range and have my eyes on the eyeshadow palette. Your review definitely convinced me to spend the money on her makeup brand. Great review!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Im glad you liked the review! And yes go for it, it is worth every penny! She also has great liquid lipsticks and her liquid eyeliner is the best I've ever used!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming to my blog dear.
    nice post dear !
    would you like to follow each other on our blog ...?
    let me know ---> http://mcaruso930.blogspot.it/
    I wait for you, kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!! This looks so good. I love to contour this looks very promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is wonderful! The shade range is great for so many skintones!

      Delete
  4. Really nice Colors! :)

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, I like the colors.
    xoxo
    www.thestyleberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks amazing! The colors looks like they could suit everyone, and I can't wait to see you wear those colours! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I wish I had a better camera than my phone to take pictures of my makeup, I really want to though!

      Delete
  7. Such a great review dear.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo this looks soo lovely, the packaging is soo edgy and pretty! The shades look really good too nice and matte! Great Review! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was interested in this palette!! Great pics and swatches!! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and its great, you should get it!

      Delete
  10. This is a great review and beauty product. I really love the different shades of brown. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. this palette looks great! have you tried the Anastasia Contour Kit? I really wanted to get that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both Anastasia's contour kit and this one and I have to say if you have fairer skin get the anastasia contour kit. If you have more medium to deep skin tone get the kat von D one!

      Delete
  12. I love the names of the colors. Looks like a good one for the kit. Great description of each color very helpful.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm following you now :)
    Nice blog! I like it!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♥

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful shadows , love these colors
    http://mosaictrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice and they would actually work great as eyeshadows!

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful Palette! Thank you for the great Review and Swatches :)

    Have a lovely Weekend Jenan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you're always so sweet!

      Delete
  16. This looks the perfect contour palette!! ^-^ I love colours and packaging!
    Kissrs
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its so nice! My fave contour palette!

      Delete
  17. All of those colors look amazing! Kat Von D's line always has such great products - I'll have to give this one a look!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, her products are great!

      Delete
  18. Hey, lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each other??

    Blog: http://missunderstoodstyle.blogspot.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Understood-Style/1404591476502298?ref=hl

    Waiting for you darling!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! Following you now!

      Delete
  19. cooooool!!!!!!!!!
    L.O.V.E.!♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    check my blog :CHIC STREET CHOC
    Instagram :<a href="https://instagram.com/chicstreetchoc/“>Follow for follow on Instagram?</a>

    waiting for u!
    -Italian fashion Blogger living in Moscow-

    ReplyDelete
  20. adorable!!! I love Kat von D makeup, so I must try this!!! shades look fantastic, and also packaging is absolutely stylish!!
    great review!!
    would you like to follow each other? I already follow you on g+
    have a great day!!
    kisses

    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => http://sano-sanisimo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need this in my life !
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hallo :)
    Want to wish you a good Start in the new Week ,lovely Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3