Friday, 20 February 2015

The CBB Tag

Hello people!

So as most of you know I live in Canada and sometimes I can't help but feel like the we're the underdogs in the beauty industry. Our makeup is ridiculously mroe expensive here and we don't have as many brands as the US does and there aren't as many beauty events that happen outside of Toronto. It kinda sucks but I came across the CBB (Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network) and I realized how many Canadian beauty bloggers there were out there and they had built such a cool happy place to talk and share advice and sales and tips! Its been so nice talking with all of the lovely people on it and I've gotten some great tips already! One of the beauty bloggers on the network made this tag called the CBB tag! So here it is :)
1. What was the first makeup item you ever purchased?
Probably my lip smacker lip balms! Love those little things, they bring back good memories!
2. What colour/type of lipstick is taking over your collection?
Right now anything matte is taking over my collection but I would have to say I'm really into the fig/purple/mauve/brown type shades and they have taken over my collection!
3. What is the best drug store brand item you have ever purchased?
I love Maybelline in general and their matte lipsticks are probably my favourite purchase yet! Aside from that my fave drugstore item in general is the the Rimmel eyeliner in nude! Great liner for the waterline!
4. Name one high end item that is at the top of your wishlist and why.
Right now I really want the Kat Von D monarch palette. Thats about as high end as I get :)
5. Which beauty item do you have a hard time saying "no" to?
Lip products always get me, I have the most of them in my collection and I can never say no!
6. Show us a picture of an item from your stash that has the best packaging.
This is so hard for me but I'm choosing this foundation because the packaging is functional and phenominal. It's rose gold, it has a pump and every time you pump out foundation theres this platform thing that pushes the foundation up so there is no product wasted. It litterally cleans the bottle completely! This is my second bottle and I love the foundation to death but if you look at the bottom of the glass part, you can kinda see what I mean with the platform. Theres a little space where you can tell I've already used some of the foundation.
7. Which beauty technique would you like to master?
I would have to say cut crease eye shadow looks. I feel like its hard with my eye shape for some reason.
8. What does your beauty storage station look like?
It's coming along, I dont really like it so much right now and once I've changed what I want to change about it, I will do a post on it!
9. What is the best part of being a CBB?
The facebook group is great because thats where I can chat and ask questions with all the other bloggers!
10. Which brand do you wish was available in Canada, but isn't?
There are so many I wish were sold here but I would have to say Lorac. 
11. Explain your one beauty discovery that totally changed the makeup game for you.
Contouring and highlighting really changed my makeup game. I feel like I can do it in five minutes now and that my makeup is incomplete if I dont highlight and contour my face! Doing it has really changed my makeup game!
12. Pick one palette from your collection - Show us a picture and tell us why you love it!
Aside from my makeup geek shadows, my favourite palette EVER is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette! I love this baby so much!! It is very pigmented and its a great neutral palette with some pops of colour. You can get so many looks with this palette on its own and the best part is that it smells like chocolate!
13. Name some of your favourite youtube beauty gurus.
I watch sooo many youtube beauty gurus and I usually like subscribing to anyone with the same skin type as me, the same foundation shade or the same eye shape. I love Jaclyn Hill, Nicole Guerriero, Dani from Coffeebreakwithdani, Kathleenlights, NikkiTutorials and Makeup Geek. These people are all my favourite! I also love Teno Penosian, Casey Holmes and Lustrelux!
14. What is your holy grail item and why?
This question is so hard!! I honestly don't know what to say. I guess maybe my Makeup Geek eye shadows. Those shadows are holy grail status for sure!

Lightning round!!
15. Lipstick finish - matte or shine? 
Shine (kinda satin)
16. Nail polish - solid colour or glitter?
Solid Colour
17. Foundation - liquid, solid, or powder?
Liquid
18. Lip gloss or lip balm?
Lip gloss

Well there it is lovelies! Hope you enjoyed, let me know if you're a part of the CBB!

40 comments:

  1. That is a fun Q & A. I'm surprised about products in Canada. I followed you on GFC

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! And yah, it sucks we dont get all the brands here. But this community has been wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jenan,

    It's really cool that you did this tag, it's lovely to see what products you chooses for each question. I'm also listed in CBB and I should really be more active in it.

    I don't see you listed in my GFC but have followed you as you suggested. Hope you'll follow me back on GFC. Have a great weekend! :-)

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The CBB really is a great community, you should join the fb group and participate in the chats! And I have followed you a while ago, I dunno if it just isnt showing my icon! Either way thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. such a fun answer and question. =)

    Would you like to follow each other?
    let me know if you follow me, and I will follow you back after it.
    thank you!
    www.tomntins.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I would love to follow each other!

      Delete
  4. Lovely tag :)

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you following me !! Followed you back
    You have a nice blog
    Keep in touch
    Kisses
    http://glitzzngrace.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic blog dear! would you like follow each other on GFC? xx

    www.lespetitsdeetails.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned a lot about you on this post Jenan. I love the chocolate bar as well.
    Btw, I added you to my circle on Google+ and Bloglovin.

    Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! The chocolate bar palette is soo great!! I will follow you back asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, fun to read. To be honest I haven't come across that many canadian bloggers. I love that EX1 foundation, great packaging and product. I feel like here in England we also don't have a variety of products, it so sad. haha!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yayy, im so glad you've tried the EX1 foundation! Its basically unheard of here! It really sucks that we dont have all the brands of makeup like the US. I guess thank god for online shopping!! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  10. Intresting post wana follow each other?
    www.sorathmajid1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading this post about you. Such a fun tag. Kudos to whoever made it up.
    I wish I could do the tag too :(
    http://iamlam.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the girls on the CBB made it up actually! It was fun to do, you should make a UK type makeup tag! I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  12. Loved reading this post about you. Such a fun tag. Kudos to whoever made it up.
    I wish I could do the tag too :(
    P.S. I just followed you on Bloglovin'. Please follow me too hun :)
    http://iamlam.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun TAG! I followed you on GFC #55, I'd love to keep in touch!
    Have a nice day lovely!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Im checking out your new post now!

      Delete
  14. Lovely tag. Unfortunately, I'm not Canadian so I'm not a part of CBB, but enjoyed it anyway.
    I am following you via GFC, it would be nice if you followed me back :)

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are very few Canadian bloggers so I did the tag the moment I found it! Thanks so much! Following you now!

      Delete
  15. Interesting Tag! Love the Rye Shadow Palette ,the Shades are wonderful :)
    i follow new. Follow back with GFC?

    Have a great Day ,lovely Greets from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review dear.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review :) I'm looking for a new Foundation, and this one seems great
    http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try it, its so great!!

      Delete
  18. Btw, this too faced chocolate bar eyeshadow palette looks amazing! it might end up on my wish list :-)
    Have a nice day!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it!!! Its the best palette ever!!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  19. Lovely dear!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you hun, and yes I would love that!

      Delete
  20. Foi um prazer conhecer seu blog também estou seguindo você.
    terei um imenso prazer em receber vc no meu .
    Um abraço.
    Evanir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Following you now!

      Delete
  21. Very interesting Answers! :)

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3