Sunday, 29 March 2015

Makeup Review: L'oréal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

Hello Ladies!

I'm back with another foundation review. I was very excited to see the drugstore come out with all this new makeup in January. The drugstore seems to be catching up to the matte makeup trend. They have all new matte lipsticks, lipstains, foundations, powder and even setting sprays! I was especially interested in the new L'oréal pro matte foundation. I picked one up in the shade closest to my skin tone and this is my review.
 My shade is Caramel Beige.
So this foundation retails for about $19.99 CAD in drugstores which is pretty expensive for being a drugstore foundation. The foundation comes in a black squeeze tube packaging which I love! It is so convenient and easy and you won't waste foundation this way. The foundation is very matte! Like its no joke. The colour is a little too yellow for me but it applies really great. It sets pretty fast. The one thing I don't like about it is that it transfers so bad. So careful when you're hugging people because you will cover them in foundation. The foundation really controlled my oils througout the day and I got a good 10 hours of wear out of it before it started breaking up around my nose. 
I would give this foundation a 7/10 overall. I dont like that it transfers and I think its a little pricey for the drugstore The colour selection is nice but a little too far on the yellow side. Other than that I really like the foundation and I will repurchase it!

Let me know if you've tried this or any of the new goodies at the drugstore!

12 comments:

  1. I don't like liquid foundation... I don't know but they looks always so havy on my skin! Lovely review :)

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah this foundation can have a tendency to do that but you should use a wet beauty blender when applying foundation if you have that problem! It sheers out foundation beautifully! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh this foundation sounds great, especially because it's matte! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    God bless you!
    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed week! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    God bless you!
    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you too! I'll check out your post :)

      Delete
  4. hey Jenan :) I recentey bought a liquid foundation and I think it's pretty good, because it also hydrates my skin but the thing is that it doesn't last long :/
    Take care sister xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks about foundations like that. I find dewy foundations dont last at all on me, especially because I have an oily t-zone. I would recommend trying this estee lauder double wear! They are great and dont move all day!
      Thanks for commenting! I miss seeing some familiar faces on my blog! <3

      Delete
  5. Oooo, thank you so much for this review, I almost bought it the other day but I'm not a fan of matte foundations so I hesitated. I will definitely skip this now as I hate foundations that transfer easily.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob hun! Glad I could help! And yah I would skip if it you dont like matte foundations because this one is super matte!

      Delete
  6. Great review, I don't know if we have this in the UK but I really want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure its coming soon, its finally in all the Canadian drugstores so it should come to you guys soon! Its really great for oily skin! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3