Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Makeup Review: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

Hello again!

I'm back with another review and this one is a product I have had my eye on for so long! Today I am reviewing the Mary-Lou Manizer highlighting powder by The Balm cosmetics. This highlighter is quite expensive in Canada. In stores its sold for about $38. 

I was on Hautelook one day and for those of you who don't know, Hautelook is a flash sale website that does flash sales every day on various brands. They give amazing discounts and its a website I have really enjoyed using for the past few months! So Hautelook had like 70% or 80% off the Balm cosmetics a few weeks back and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to snag this highlighter. It was only $12! Such a steal for the product it is!
 This is the packaging for the product. The Balm always has super cute almost vintage inspired pictures on their packaging. Very 50's and 60's! They have two other luminizers: the Cindy-Lou Manizer and the Betty-Lou Manizer. 
 The Betty highlighter is a very bronzey shade that would suitable for deep skin tones and the Cindy highlighter is more on the pink side. It would suit people with very fair skin. The Mary highlighter is more for fair to medium skin tones as it is a very pale gold highlight.
 As you can see the powder has very finely milled pale gold shimmer with almost a white base. It is stunning on the cheekbones and it is INTENSE!! Like if you are looking for an inner glow type of slight sheen this product is not going to give you that. This is intense and it can be used for so many things like highlighting the inner corner and can even be used as an eyeshadow.
This is the product swatched with my finger and then I used what was remaining on my finger and blended it to the side so you can see what it might look like on the cheekbones! It really is a stunning product and I would give it an A+!

Let me know if you have this or any of the other Balm highlighters!

26 comments:

  1. Look very pretty :)

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun for your comment! It really is!

      Delete
  2. The vintage packaging looks so cute :) and I love how it brighten the skin. Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah this highlight is no joke! Lol its so pretty though! Im gonna use it so much in the summer! Thanks hun :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, sweetheart!
    Nice to meet you!
    I just followed your blog via Google Friend Connect and I hope that you follow back!
    Have fun!
    Hugs,
    Joanna (From Syros2J’s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Following you now!

      Delete
  4. Great review hun!! This highlighter is so amazing I have it and its super cute! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad you have it! Its such a gorgeous highlighter!!

      Delete
  5. of course :) already following you . really like your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  6. r. thanks :DD just having fun eheh

    i think we unfortunetly don't have this brand here in portugal. looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get a chance to get from somewhere you totally should!

      Delete
  7. Very nice Review, Girl! :) Like your Blog.

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. helloo :) I love your blog really
    this picture is so much beautiful
    I follow you and I wait my blog, follow me bacl
    http://bornova74.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shade! Beautiful packaging! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a great deal!
    I read many reviews on this product and I hope to try it sometime!
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog really! Great post!

    http://amyfashion18.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing post! I desperately want to buy it! Thank you for such an informational post, sister :)

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog and your posts, when you read them you feel that you say the truth about the products you review and for me that's the most important feeling to have when you read a blog! So, thank you for being honest with us!!! XO

    http://sharingmylifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3