Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Product Review: MUJI Drawers

Hello again! 
I have been wanting to amp up the look of my vanity and makeup storage. So I looked all over the place; online and in stores to try to find acrylic makeup organization drawers. The cheapest I could find while maintaining good quality is by the company called Muji. I have seen this company name floating around the youtube beauty sphere and I checked them out and was very intrigued. They are very inexpensive compared to Cosmocube. I bought 3 pieces and to get to the point, I LOVE them!! 
This piece is the Large 2-drawer acrylic drawers. You can get it here. The website has all the details about sizing, etc. These drawers fit things like compacts from MAC and they fit the paint pots. They also fit most foundation bottles like MUFE HD foundation, EX1 Invisiwear, etc. They fit some palettes stacked like the Naked palettes and the Lorac Palettes. They are great and my makeup fits great in them!
You can stack the compacts as well, as seen below.
This next one above is the acrylic 2 drawer with lid. So as you can see the top part is a lid which is great for easy access and also if something is too big, it will still fit with the lid slightly lifted on top. The link with measurments is here. It fits the same things the first one fits, the only difference is the lid part. 
This piece is the 5 drawer acrylic. This drawer is my favourite despite the fact that it doesnt fit a lot of things. Link is here. So this five drawer piece is nice but the drawers depth is quite small. It doesn't fit things like Mac Paint Pots, Maybelline Colour Tattoos, or compacts stacked (as seen blow). It does fit things like Colour Pop shadows, Mac powder foundations, blushes and bronzer compacts, and basically all lipsticks and lipglosses if you choose to store them that way. I have some pictures to shown below as well to show what kind of things fit in there.
These kinds of compacts all fit perfectly in these five drawers. I didn't keep them this way but I just wanted to show what fits for the sake of the review. 
This is what they look like stacked if you choose to store them this way!
My general thoughts are basically that I love them!! I will definitely be purchasing more in the future. They are great products and the quality is phenominal for their price. The drawers are very smooth and don't skip like cheap plastic drawers do. Shipping is a little pricey but they do have stores you can visit, you don't have to shop online. 

If you guys want to see a vanity tour/makeup storage post to show how I store all my makeup and how I use these babies then let me know!

16 comments:

  1. I have been looking for decently priced acrylic storage for the longest time!! I'm so glad you made this post, I think I may have to go out and have a look for them today in store. For the one with 5 draws, do you find the draws wide and tall enough to fit a good amount in? they look quite thin on the website.
    I would love to see a post on how you store everything! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadda! These drawers are kinda weird. They are bigger than most that you find on the internet, but smaller in person. Like I filled them all up very easily and I will do a makeup storage post showing exactly what I fit into all of them. The 5 drawers are quite thin. I have shown above what kinds of things fit and what dont. For example MAC blush compacts fit but Maybelline colour tattoos dont. I will do a post soon but they are definitely worth checking out, my vanity looks soooo nice with them!
      Thanks for your comment! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Nice review!!! I like it!!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...I always follow back.
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog! I would very much like that! My followers button is not working however bur I just followed your blog!

      Delete
  3. Cute I love that they are clear and see through ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah they definitely help show all of your makeup so you use everything! I use all the variety I have now and that way things dont get left behind! Plus they are super cute on a vanity!

      Delete
  4. These look amazing. I definitely need them on my dressing table!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so great! They can make any vanity super pretty! Thanks for checking my blog out! Would love if you followed back!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. i love these kinds of storage products! They look way better than the ones i have from walmart! lol :P and i would love to see how you store your makeup/vanity tour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! and dont worry, I had this ugly piece of junk from Canadian Tire for the longest time! haha but I finally decided to invest in these drawers and I love them!! I'm gonna make a makeup/vanity tour storage type post soon! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you to do 'The Beauty Scenario Tag' would love to see your answers !
    Check out my post xxx
    http://beautybyjasmina.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-beauty-scenario-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll do it asap! I would love if you followed my blog!

      Delete
  7. Love the colours! Would you like to follow each other via facebook? Let me know hun. xxxx sanspareilonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I would love if you followed me on GFC!

      Delete
  8. I love beautifully stored cosmetics and this is just perfect! I had no idea MUJI was still around, I thought they had disappeared for a while there - thanks for sharing! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice 

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah they are still around and they are opening stores everywhere! I love these storage units so much! Worth every penny!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3