Sunday, 11 January 2015

My Top Favourite Eye Brushes

Hello people! 
I wanted to get this post out because I've had a few people in person and online ask me about my favourite makeup brushes I use so I wanted to write about them. I am going to split this into two posts, one for eye brushes and the other for face brushes. This post is all about my favourite eye brushes. I truly believe that you do not need to pay $30 for a makeup brush for it to be good quality. In fact I have some great drugstore/cheap online alternatives that are AMAZING quality, I promise! I will link everything under each picture. 
 Alrighty! So here are my main seven holy grail eye shadow brushes! I love them to bits and I use them almost everyday. You don't need all of them to achieve a great eye shadow look but these are the ones I use to achieve the look that I want. I'll discuss each one further and let you know the main essentials. 
This brush is everything! It is a dupe for the infamous MAC 217. I have tried both and I honestly genuinly love this one more! I have three of these, I'm obsessed! This brush is from Coastal Scents. I have purchased several brushes from this website and I love all of them so much. This brush blends colours so well, especially when adding a dark colour to the crease or outer corner. It blends shadows together like a dream and it is an essential that I use everytime I wear eye shadow. The best part is that its ony five bucks! You can buy it here.
I use this dense small crease brush not in my crease but actually to buff and blend in concealer or paint pots. I personally use it for my MAC paint pot in soft ochre. It applies cream products so opaque and even. This brush is part of a Real Techniques brush set. Real Techniques is one of my absolute favourite makeup brush brands ever. They are amazing and super affordable. They have great value sets that you can find at Wal-mart (and Superstore in Canada). Their brushes are synthetic and excellent quality. They don't shed and they clean and dry so well. You can't get this brush individually unfortunately but the set is worth is either way. Here is the link.
This brush changed my life! Lol I know I'm dramatic but seriously it changed my makeup game! I never understood how a brush thats so fluffy with long bristles could apply product to the lids well but it totally does! This brush blends transition colours into the crease flawlessly! You need this in your life, you will never have a harsh line again after this! Link is here.
Ok, I know I said these brushes would be affordable but I happened to have this and I use for filling in sparce spots in my brows or to sharpen a winged eye liner look. This brush has millions of dupes for cheap and so I will link some! This brush was limited edition so it's no longer available, I believe..  Either way it's important to have a brush with a sharp edge like this to achieve certain looks. Cheaper alternatives are: here, here and here.
This brush is an essential. Its a flat shader brush that is perfect for packing on shadows to the lid. It's also synthetic which is perfect because that means it applies cream eyeshadows seamlessly to the lids as well. I love wetting it and using it for pigments. Its a great brush that you need in your lives! Here is the link!
This is my current favourite eye liner brush. I love this brush with gel liners. Its so dense and the tip is so pointed that it helps me achieve an amazing wing with one swipe! It makes gel liner application a breeze! Love it! Link here
This brush is good to have but not extremely necessary. It's used more for precise application of shade in the crease. It blends a little but I mainly use it to apply the shadow in the crease more precisely and then I go in with my Coastal scents pro buffing BR-250 brush to blend everything for a softer look. I love this brush either way and I use it quite a bit! Here is it's link.
Well that is all for today! Hope you guys enjoyed the read and hopefully this helps some of you guys find the right eye brushes for a great price! Let me know if you've tried any of these!

8 comments:

  1. i haven't tried any mac brushes, i've always wanted to but they seem similar to the sigma brushes so i never bother purchasing the mac ones. I love the real technique brushes and definitely want to buy some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try coastal scents and morphe brushes! They are the best brushes I've ever tried! Im gonna post soon about face brushes too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and the follow!! You are too sweet! Of course I will follow back :-) AND I LOVE Coastal Scents brushes!! Absolutely love em!
    Have a beautiful day!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I love yours! And yes Coastal scents brushes are seriously amazing brushes! Great quality and affordable! Thanks again!
      xo

      Delete
  3. I so need to try out the Coastal scents and Morphe brushes out they look quite fluffly, great for blending.
    Nice Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and omg please do! You'll be doing yourself a favour, as they are cheap and amazing!! Go for it girl!

      Delete
  4. I agree with you, there are so many fabulous brushes that are cheap and work great! I really like elf's studio line brushes, and some of my brushes from ebay have become some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same ebay brush set and they are my fave!!! I'm going to do a post on my face brushes very soon! I love elf brushes too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3