Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Makeup Review: Makeup Forever Studio Case

Hello again! I am going to have so many reviews up this month so brace yourselves! lol anyway on with the review.

Near the end of December of last year Sephora was offering 20% off extra on their sale items. So as you can imagine I went a little crazy and bought some more things I didn't need. I had come across this Makeup Forever Studio Case before online and it was a little too pricey before so I didn't give it much thought. But then it went on sale and had an additional 20% off so I figured why not see what these shadows are all about. 
Here is the packaging. It's too small and chunky to store anywhere neatly. I'm not a big fan honestly.
The eye shadows are quite small. They are about the size of a nickel. Smaller than MAC or makeup geek shadow pans.
The packaging bothers me to be honest because it takes up so much space for no reason. They have the eyeshadows categorized in 4 columns: Natural, Smoky, Bold and Chic. I like the colours and I think they work well together. I love the pops of colour but I also like the fact that there are neutrals and mattes to tone them down in an eyeshadow look. You don't need another palette to complete a look because there are basics in this one.
 Overall I am not too impressed by this palette/case. I have swatched the makeup forever artist shadows and these shadows are not on par with them at all. In order to even get these shadows to show up like they do in the swatches I had to layer them on. The eye liner is great and the shadow Chic ME-828 is really the only shadow that swatched well with one try. I have dont some eye looks with this palette and they blend well but the bold shades don't show up as well as I'd like them to. 
Im glad I got this palette on sale because if I hadn't I definitely would have returned it.

These are just my opinions after all. Let me know if you've tried this and what you think!




6 comments:

  1. So beautiful palette dear!! I love its colours!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment!! I'm following you back now on GFC.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty palette but its a shame its not pigmented enough, try spritzing some Mac studio moisture fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll definitely make it work, I just think overall its an item people should skip. I got in on sale which is why I justified it but yah some fix + will definitely do the trick! Thanks for the comment! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3