Sunday, 4 January 2015

Makeup Review: Liquid Lipsticks (Lime Crime, Maybelline, Kat Von D

Hello Ladies!

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday and are settling in 2015 well! I am so excited to blog this year and I am starting 2015 off with a good one! I have discovered a hidden gem at the drugstore (at least a new discovery to me). The latest obsession of everyone on social media lately has been matte lipsticks, specifically the liquid to matte lipsticks. The types of lipsticks apply like a lipgloss with a doe foot applicator usually and once they set, they turn into a super matte non-transferable lip colour. The point is that they are budge proof and smudge proof. 

Some of the main brands that are known for having these types of liquid to matte lipstics are brands such as Lime Crime, Girlactik, Dose of Colors, Kat Von D, Stila, etc. I have tried a few of these brands and the lipsticks are really great! I have been all about the matte vampy lip this fall and winter and the best part about wearing a vampy lip is knowing it is not going to budge. They don't tranfer whatsoever and you can eat and drink without worrying about constantly touching up. 

Now my main purpose for this blog post is to show everyone a DRUGSTORE alternative to these liquid to matte lipsticks! These lipsticks are commonly known for the websites I mentioned above and they are not cheap. They all start at $16+ and you have to pay shipping because some are only available online. I am fine with ordering online because I prefer it to shopping in stores but for those who want a cheaper alternative and don't want to buy these lippies online, I have found it at the drugstore. It is the Maybelline Super Stay 24-hour wear lipstick. 
 From left to right: Kat Von D's Lolita (this shade has litterally been sold out most of the year! Its a gorgeous shade), Maybelline's Constantly Cabernet, Lime Crime's Wicked.
 The above swatches are freshly applied, they are still wet here.
Here is what they look like when they dry matte. 

Brief review: Honestly the Maybelline one is good and its a good alternative for someone who does not want to order the more expensive ones online. I'm always for drugstore if they have what I want, especially a formula dupe for a lipstick like this. The one problem that sucks about this product: it's a bitch to get off your lips. Pardon my language but omg when they say 24-hour wear they are not joking. This lipstick only comes off with oil or a hardcore makeup remover. The other brands are a lot more moisurizing and come off much easier. In my opinion I prefer Lime Crime and Kat Von D and will continue to purchase them for the sole purpose that they are easy to take off. But the Maybelline ones are worth trying and the colours they have are super gorgeous. On the bright side you don't have to worry about touching up at all!

Hope you enjoyed the read! Let me know if you have tried any of these before! 

7 comments:

  1. I own few lime crime matte lipsticks but shade- wicked looks so gorgeous need to get that colour. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And omg you need wicked in your life! It's always sold out thats the problem, but when its available, snatch it up! It looks amazing!

      Delete
  2. I completely forgot about the maybelline 24 hour lipsticks! They sound like a hidden gem! And I've been dying to try the kat von d lipsticks and lime crime lipsitcks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are a good dupe for the more expensive brands and they seriously don't budge! But I do still strongly recommend getting the lime crime ones! They are the best!

      Delete
  3. love the maybelline one.. I always seen this lip product by maybelline but I have never picked it up.. I love the shade and the mat finish, I will buy next time I'm in Superdrug or Boots ;)
    thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know same! I always saw it but never thought to try it! They're pretty cool and the staying power is incredible! Thank you so much for checking out my blog!!

      Delete
  4. If you want to Buy Lipstick Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/lips/lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3