Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Makeup Dupe: Nars Audacious Lipstick in Fanny

Hello ladies!
Today I have a dupe for all of you and its a good one! As I'm sure most of you know, the company NARS is a very expensive brand. They recently came out with a new lipstick line called the Nars Audacious Lipsticks and they are CAD$37 a pop. Almost $40 with tax for a lipstick, crazy huh! I watched review after review of them and they seemed amazing. No one ever had any complaints in fact mostly everyone says its the best lipstick formula EVER! So I waited for the VIB rouge sale at Sephora and I got one. I got the shade Fanny. 
I felt awful but I had to try it. It was amazing. I almost hate myself for trying it because I want another one but they are soo expensive I couldn't bring myself to spend that much again. 
Either way, I was swatching all my lipsticks the other day and I noticed that this Nars lipstick looked incredibly similar to another lipstick I have from Wet n' Wild called Sugar Plum Fairy. I couldn't believe it at first but after swatching them together and wear them both on my lips (one lipstick on each half of my lips) I couldn't believe it. They were an exact match! And the best part is that the Wet n' Wild lipstick was only $2. Now this is what I call a dupe! 
 So obviously the Nars packaging is amazing and no one near comparison with the Wet n' Wild lipstick packaging. The Nars packaging is metal and magnetic. 
 I wore them out like this and you would never be able to tell there is difference in colour or finish. I would say they are both a satin finish. They dry to a semi-matte finish and they last so long on the lips! The Wet n' Wild actually lasted a little longer than the Nars lipstick which I thought was interesting. The Wet n' Wild lipstick does not apply as smoothly as the Nars lipstick but it still applies great. They are both really great lipsticks!
Another good dupe for the Nars lipstick is Rebel from Mac. The main difference you'll find is the finish but I personally would just go with the Wet n' Wild lipstick. I am so impressed with their lipsticks and I don't think I'll ever waste my money on Nars lipsticks just because I can achieve the same look and longevity with a much cheaper option. 

Hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know if you've tried any of these before and what you think!
xo

6 comments:

  1. i have the Wet n' Wild sugar plum fairy lipstick and i love! originally i got it because it was a dupe for the mac rebel lipstick but I'm glad to see its actually a dupe for a nars lipstick as well! I love finding dupes for mac lip liners, if you have any dupes for those then please do a post on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually use and LOVE Avon lipliners! There are such great dupes for MAC lip liners. I don't own any lip liners from Mac but I'll go swatch a bunch at the store and come back and compare some! Thanks! xo

      Delete
  2. Great post! I really like the wet m wild lipsticks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They are so great and their price is unbeatable! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. I NEED to get sugar plum! Thanks for finding this dupe because the Nars Lipsticks are so expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl go get it!! Its such a gorgeous colour! And thank you for your comment! If I can help a girl save some money I always will!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3