Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Farewell 2014

Hello to all the lovelies that take the time to read my blog! 

I just wanted to reflect about my blogging experience this year and how it has impacted my life in a positive way. I have always read blogs and enjoyed the prospect of sharing your thoughts with the world. This year was my first year blogging and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I started blogging at a rough time during my year and I felt like I had no one to talk to. So I started writing and till now there are a lot of posts that I haven't shared but it was such a great form of release from all sorts of pent up emotions. I have loved it this year and I can't wait to do more next year.

I have met some amazing people on blogger as well and have been able to join a great community of Muslimahs that have been so supportive and continually read what I have to say. I never expected to get any views or to meet such nice people. It was really just a place I could share my thoughts on things happening in my life or share my passion of beauty products with anyone who would read it. Blogging has also opened my eyes to so many other blogs that are so creative and artistic and poetic. I have seen a whole other side to people that is so amazing. 

It has also gotten me back into the habit of reading again. I used to be an avid reader with a library in my room and my nose always in a book. Up until I went to university, thats when I stopped reading. In fact reading textbooks all day made me hate reading. But blogging has brought that element back into my life which is something I am grateful for. 

I have been able to share posts about my life and they have gotten so much positive feedback from girls saying it benefited them. I loved seeing that so much because who knew I could have advice that would actually benefit someone. Nowadays no one wants to here advice, everyone wants to experience things in order to succeed or fail on their own. So the fact that even one person can say they really enjoyed my thoughts and it helped them is just fantastic. 

I can't say any new year's resolutions because I have made enough and failed at completing them to know that they are just a means of setting people up for failure. I do want to improve myself and my relationship with my friends and family. This next year is when I will graduate Inshallah and I hope to have some time off. Maybe I'll start a family or travel somewhere, who knows. I just want this next year to be better than the last.

Thank you again to all you amazing people out there. Here's to a better year. Here's to 2015. 

10 comments:

  1. Loved the post! I agree blogging has also got me to read again though not as much as I used to but I'v started. Good luck with your last year of studies inshaAllah!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you inshallah you have a wonderful new year!!

      Delete
  2. I also loved this post, Blogging is another world where you can express yourself in all sorts of ways. New year means a New beginning. Hope you the best for 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reshah! Inshallah you have a great new year too!

      Delete
  3. Ma sha Allaah.

    Exactly my points why I love blogging so much. It has been 7 years of blogging and I am never growing out of it. Prolly because it has become part of me already.

    Alhamdulillah for all the good things blogging has given you sis. may it continue to be a blessing.

    Keep us posted this 2015.

    xx,
    Kai/Ayah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! Blogging really has been amazing this year and I cant wait to continue doing it in the new year! Everyone has been so good to me!

      Delete
  4. Happy new year sister :) good luck with your exams inshallah and for your futur projets.
    I also glad that I started m'y blog, because I met amazing sisters from all around the world ans you're one of them ;). Inshallah 2015 will ne even better. Oh ans dont really like to do new year's resolution cause i never stick it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made so many mistakes soorry haha, i was using my phone

      Delete
  5. Good luck for graduating sister :)
    Inshallah 2015 being a better year!

    Melissa || www.vintagemelissa.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for checking out my blog and following! I cant wait to graduate!! Have a wonderful 2015 sister!! XO

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3