Monday, 3 November 2014

Makeup Review: Gerard Cosmetics Lip Glosses

Hey ladies! I have been so excited to review these super hyped about lip glosses by Gerard Cosmetics. These lipglosses are all over social media and so I gave in to the hype and bought some. I liked them so much, I bought some more! I have some good things and some bad things to say about them and I have some swatches attached below! 
 I am not a lip gloss girl personally, I am someone who prefers lipsticks. But the amount of hype on youtube over these glosses (plus some awesome discounts) triggered my inner makeup addict so I had to have some! These glosses were started by a company called Whitening Lightening (their name is now Gerard Cosmetics). Their products are designed with a formula and colour choice that is supposed to make your teeth look whiter! They certainly do that and much more!
 The packaging is beautiful and great quality. The main marketing point is the fact that they have a mirror on the side and a light in the cap so when you apply the lip gloss in a dark room or a club, you can see where you are applying it. 
Here you can see the light in the cap.
 These are one swipe swatches with the applicator. They are opaque and super pigmented. The colours are stunning. The formula is consist throughout the ones I have except for one. I dislike the colour Coral Craze. The formula is different in mine for some reason. It's patchy and not buildable and the colour is very poor quality for some reason. Maybe I got a weird one but I didn't like that colour specifically. Other than that one, I love all the rest!
They are so hard to describe. The formula almost hugs your lips. Once they're on they are not going to move. They are sticky but not a bad sticky. It's a thin, opaque, sticky formula that is not tacky and gross. They feel really comfortable on, especially over a lipstick. My favourite colours are: cocoa bean, plum crazy, jewel and wild orchid. They are just so pretty and they certainly made me love lip glosses. I would recommend them to everyone because they are just so beautiful and high quality. 

If the light is an issue for anyone then you can stick a paperclip in the light and it will stop lighting up! lol I hate the light so I broke most of mine. The mirror is a nice touch though. 

If you want to buy them I suggest going to Jaclyn Hill or Carli Bybel's youtube page because they have discount codes on Gerard Cosmetic products. They are so worth it ladies! 

*pics above are all taken by me, sorry for the crap camera*

12 comments:

  1. ouh lala :) I like the wild orchid color even tho I know I won't wear it to go outside haha. but did it look good when you tried it? And the light idea oh my gawd! so funny haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty and I thought the same thing at first about wild orchid but its actually very wearable! More wearable than red in my opinion! I love them! Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I checked out your blog and followed you back! Would love if you followed me on GFC! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. These glosses look amazing! i love really pigmented lip glosses. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so great and so pigmented! Worth every penny! and thank you! that means a lot!

      Delete
  4. those are a looooot of lip glosses. O___O i love the pigments, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know!! But I got them for a great price, normally one of these lipglosses is $25, I would get bundles from various youtubers that would sell 5 for $50 and then an extra 25% off so they ended up being pretty cheap! Also they are worth every penny and the colours are so great!

      Delete
  5. Amazing post! You should so try out Gerard cosmetic's lipstick in 1995, it's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I have it and I love it! Im just waiting for my order of the other lipsticks to do the review!!

      Delete
  6. Wild orchid looks amazing! I could definitely see myself wearing that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soo stunning and it would look gorgeous on you! You should totally grab it when they have a great promo on their website!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3