Saturday, 25 October 2014

Makeup Review: Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay Blush Palette

Hey ladies! The holidays are upon us and as many of you probably know, a bunch of cosmetic companies have realeased stunning holiday gift sets and I am obsessed! This year Tarte released the limited edition Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush Palette. I've attached the pictures and swatches below!

This is the outside packaging. It is designed to look like a cute holiday clutch. It is a metallic gold pleather clutch with lavender print and it comes with two little bobby pins. They are cute but I would certainly get no use out of them. I personally am not that big of a fan of the clutch idea. I mean no one would actually carry around a clutch of blushes. If it had a pocket in the clutch for a lipgloss or lipstick and enough room for a little brush then it might be a bit more convenient. But as for right now, its not the most suitable packaging for storing neatly. 
 Tarte's 12 hour amazonian clay blushes are some of the best blushes on the market. Their colours are stunning and buttery to the touch. They are super pigmented and they blend really well. The best factor is that they are truly long lasting. Blush usually fade on me after a couple hours but these guys really held up the whole day!
 This is a picture with flash.
Here are the swatches! They are so stunning, they are mostly satin finishes, some have more of a sheen than others. The colours names from left to right are: Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful,  and Irreplaceable. All new shades!

Overall I give this palette a 7/10
Blushes are absolutely phenominal but the packaging kinda ruins it for me. I would have preferred if it was in a slim cardboard type packaging instead. 

That's all for this review, hopefully it was helpful for anyone interested in this palette!

7 comments:

  1. The blush colours look really nice! and i have to agree with you on the packaging, they could have done something better lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did such a great job on the colours and formula that its a shame the packaging sucks so much! But it looks nice ony my makeup counter!

      Delete
    2. I love that it's in a clutch! Probably because I love clutches but I agree if it was lipsticks I'd be able to carry it! ;)

      Delete
    3. I wish it had a little extra pocket to carry a lipstick in! It would be more convenient! But its still pretty!

      Delete
  2. I have this too! The Blushes are pretty! aww I like the packaging :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love your blog! haha thank YOU for stopping by! And the clutch is pretty and currently I'm using it as a display on my vanity right now but I just wish it had an extra pocket or something! haha

      thanks so much for the follow!

      Delete
    2. awww thank you! and you are very welcome hun :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3