Sunday, 24 August 2014

11 Questions



I have been nominated by the lovely Lena from escapeandlove for the Liebster Award. I would love it if everyone who reads this checks out her blog because its amazing! She has a great fashion sense and her posts are always creative. So please check out her blog and her answers to the questions she was given! 

1. What is your favourite book?
My favourite books have always been the Harry Potter books but if I was to pick one single book that had nothing to do with that series it would be a book called Loser, by Jerry Spinelli. Its an oldie but a goodie! I read it probably twenty times by now and although now that I'm older it seems like a juvenile read, its still my favourite. I don't know if its because the concept of the book strikes a nerve with me but I just find it relatable in some weird way.

2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate all day er' day! I'm even eating chocolate right now! 

3. What is your biggest fear in life? Will you overcome it?
My biggest fear in life would have to be failure. There are certain aspects of my life right now that are not going the way I planned or expected and it terrifies me to think of the future. I have a lot of regrets that I try not to hold on to and I feel like as soon as I stop regretting certain things and accepting my reality I will overcome this fear.

4. If you could live in another decade or century, which would you choose?
I would easily go back to the 90's. I would love to be my age but back in the 90's or just to be a kid again in the 90's. Everything was so good then and I was genuinely happy with my life. I wish I could go back to that.

5. Name an obstacle you had to overcome?
An obstacle I'm still trying to overcome is whether I want to continue my education after university or just graduate and be done with school. I really think I am over school and I don't want to go back after but everyone in my life is pushing me to keep going after what I wanted to do in the first place and go to law school.

6. What is your favourite genre of music?
I wish I could say I was interesting and liked indie music or something cool and old school, but I like pop music and basically anything with a good beat or is currently playing on the radio. I know, lame! But I do love arabic music obviously and I love french music too!

7. What is one food you can live on forever?
Fries for life bruh! lol but seriously I can eat fries everyday and never get sick of it.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I was always distinctly known for my voice and loud opinion. Teachers and family members thought I would be the prime minister one day and I used to play along but really I loved to argue and convince people I was right and I had quite the talent at that. So I've always wanted to be a lawyer but university really puts things into perspective and now I don't know what I want to do.

9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would you change?
Oh the list of things I could write here but if I had to pick one I would get rid of my anxiety. I am such an anxious nervous uptight wreck. I would love to be able to be easy going and to relax my jaw and shoulders from their constant clench. 

10. Who do you love the most?
Aside from the obvious answer of Allah SWT and Prophet Muhammad PBUH, I would have to say my mother. I love my mom more than myself and I would die if that meant she lived. I could never handle her being sick or hurt and it kills me when I upset her.

11. What do you want the most for your life?
Happiness. I want nothing more.


I would like to nominate some newer bloggers to answer the following questions. I nominate:

Mariam from Sweet Bliss

Mariam and Heba from Vogue and Coffee

Madiha from Chai and Chapsticks

These are your questions:
What is one of your favourite memories as a child?
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
Cold or Hot drinks?
Who do you look up to as a role model?
What is one fashion or makeup look you wish you could pull off (insert a pic if you like)?
What is something on your bucket list?
Favourite youtuber?
What is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
How has the past year impacted you and your life?
What inspired the creation of your blog?
What is one distinct characteristic about your personality that everyone knows you for?

24 comments:

  1. i loved your answers especially the last one! inshallah you will get that and i can defiantly see you being a lawyer stick to it! it doesnt have to be directly after you graduate 4th year but dont give up on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Inshallahvya rab this year goes well and then we'll see what happens with the rest of school! Thanks again for the nomination!

      Delete
  2. hey salam,
    enjoyed reading your answers :) . thank you for the follow . LOVE harry potter too, and College can be so borring sometimes I agree. I'm feeling ya gurl ;)

    may allah bless you and makes things easier for you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! thank you for the reply and yes college and school in general is killer! I cant wait to be done! Thanks so much for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. Hey again :)
    I tried to follow you lately but it doesn't want to work :/ They ask me to retry later. I'll try until it works ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry hun it worked, its been giving people that msg lately. Im not sure why but it shows you're following me anyway! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. You gave some really good answers. Especially
    'My biggest fear in life would have to be failure. There are certain aspects of my life right now that are not going the way I planned or expected and it terrifies me to think of the future. I have a lot of regrets that I try not to hold on to and I feel like as soon as I stop regretting certain things and accepting my reality I will overcome this fear.'
    I felt like i was reading about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aiza! Lol aftet reading it again now I feel so deep but its all very true. It terrifies me to think of failure, and whem I wrote that I was talking about so many aspects of my life! Im glad someone relates and Inshallah we overcome this one day!

      Delete
  5. Assalam Aleykum Jenan!Loved reading your answers!PS. Don't ever do something you don't want to do.At the end of the day you're the one who'll have to deal with the outcome.But don't worry,everything will be ok in shaa allah Allah sw is in control!Plus failure is part of life!You can't always win but everyone fails its what you do after you fail that matters.May Allah SW grant you ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THIS WORLD AND THE HEREAFTER!AMEEN! Love you sis.Be happy,stay happy.xoxo <3 :P

    Oh yeah I also tried following, and its being all weird and stuff :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sala Maryam! I am so happy with the response I've gotten from answering these questions! Inshallah ya rab every thing will work out eventually. As for my follow button, it keeps giving people issues. If you click on the little two over lapping squares beside the button that says follow, a little box will open up and in the corner it says follow and it should work from there hopefully!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog for more info xoxo
    resh-inspire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Love the questions, I will answer them tomorrow inshallah!

      Delete
    2. the 90's are my favorite century, everything was better:) Great questions and nice answers!
      Love, B of missbeblog.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Love your blog and yah the 90's were the best!! Follow for follow?

      Delete
  7. Loved your answers, my favourite book is also an oldie I first read when I was 12 but it's still so close to my heart! And oh miss anxiety, how I wish I could get rid of you too! xx

    http://herplaceattheuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laila! Im so happy with all the feedback I've gotten for answering these questions! I love posts like these!

      Delete
  8. They say, embrace failure but let it not define who you are. ^___^

    there is no need to fear failure because, at the end of the day, we are all bound to fail because we are not perfect. what matters is we stand up again and fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, I love yours!!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for nominating me :D, I know I'm late; Sorry, I've just been busy at work. I hope to the tag soon :)
    I love fries, I wish they weren't bad for your health... and I love your answer about your mum, mothers are the most precious gift from Allah!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha im glad you liked my answers and dont worry hun! Take your time!

      Delete
  10. Salam sis, GFC wont let me follow. Idk why. :( I will follow you once everything's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I dont know why its giving everyone a hard time :(

      Delete
  11. Salaam Jenan,

    I loved reading this... I love how open and honest you were. I went through a phase of worrying about the past (regrets) and how my life may or may not have been affected by my past choices. And then I would also worry about the future, just like you said. I've always been a bit of a nervous wreck anyway - everything worries me, lol! However, I've come to realize that life just carries on and if we spend more time worrying than living, we will end up with the biggest regret of all - dying without having lived at all.

    One of my favourite quotes is "Que Sera Sera" (Whatever will be, will be)... which I have remixed into "Whatever has happened, has happened...and Whatever will be, will be". It grounds me because it reminds me that everything has been predestined for us. Allah (SWT) is in control and isA life will unravel itself to be far better than we could even dream to anticipate right now.

    So sorry for the essay - I don't know how to stop rambling, lol :-'(

    Rukaiya | Muslim in the Big City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Rukaiya!

      Thank you so much for replying, I have been loving all the feedback from these questions. I like to think of myself as an open person so I don't mind being totally honest in my answers. Im glad you can relate to my answers and I loved the quote you mentioned. I really need to start changing the way I think and adapt a more relaxed lifestyle because I'm only 21 years old but I feel 50 somtimes.

      Thanks so much for the follow, Im glad I can meet so many great bloggers!
      Jenan

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3