Monday, 14 July 2014

A few of my favourite things: June Edition

I went crazy in June and my poor credit card took the hit. But there are some great things I've been enjoying this past month and I would love to share them with you guys! The theme here seems to be things I'm loving this summer. So hopefully some of you guys will enjoy them too!

I decided to try out Elf products this month because they are so inexpensive and their website was offering 50% off of everything in the store so I went a little crazy. I've heard such good things about their products and few the dollars they cost, I bought a few lipsticks and OMG where have they been all my life! These lipsticks are incredible. Specifically the elf mineral lipsticks because I did not like the other ones very much. This shade is rosy tan and its a gorgeous nude colour for us tan girls! It works on everyone and the formula is amazing. I am just shocked at how long wearing it is and it doesn't make that ugly white line on my lips from talking. I strongly recommend trying them out, they are great lipsticks while being wallet-friendly.

This is the Too Faced Liquified Melted Lipstick in melted nude and they are all the rage right now apparently. I wanted to try them for the summer because I wanted a long wearing lipstick that I could stick in my purse and wouldn't break like actual lipsticks can. It has a felt tip applicator which is pretty cool and quite different from other liquid lipsticks I've tried. The colour is a beautiful lighter nude. It has enough brown in it for tan/olive girls to pull off but I would personally pair it with a dark smokey eye.





This is the Sugar Lip Treatment with spf15 by Fresh. This is an amazing lip treatment and its great for the summer because it has spf in it. It is also tinted which is nice to add some colour on a no makeup or minimal makeup day. Also it smells amazing and the packaging is very luxurious! The shade I have is sugar rose.





This setting spray really changed the way my makeup lasts throughout the day. This is the Urban Decay De-slick oil control makeup setting spray. It definitely control oils throughout the day and it makes my makeup look flawless.




This tapered brush by ELF is amazing!!! I cannot even express how much I wanted a tapered brush but every brand has them for too much money whereas elf has the brush for 3$. I bought it just to try and its amazing. Super soft and it doesn't shed! In fact most of their brushes are great too! I just loved the shape of this one in particular!


Better late than never I guess! Hope this helps anyone making a decision on buying any of these! 

2 comments:

  1. love the sugar lip treatment! its amazing and i really want to try the too faced melted lipstick but heard it was a bit drying for some people, did it make your lips dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The melted lipsticks are quite dry for a liquid lipstick but thats mainly what helps the longevity of it. I used the sugar lip treatment before I put it on and makes the wear and application of the melted lipstick sooo much smoother! I like pairing the two and that way it doesn't dry out my lips. I might get more shades of them because Sephora has some new shades! Also, the elf lipstick blows the melted lipstick out of the water (formula wise, the melted lipsticks have nicer colours). I can't believe it was only $2.50, such amazing quality and super hydrating and long wearing! Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3