Saturday, 28 June 2014

Preparing for Ramadan

Ramadan Kareem to everyone out there! It is always such an exciting part of the year and I always enjoy the the unity of Muslims especially in this month. It is such a beautiful thing to see all the families go grocery shopping for their favourite treats that they will hide until iftar. To see all the people attend the mosque at the end of the night to pray Taraweeh together. I just love this month in general and I know a lot of people dread the fast because it is during a hot month this year and days are longer but Subhanallah, God will help us throughout the day and Inshallah you will feel no hunger! Make sure to take advantage of all the extra good deeds this month whether it be from reading Qur'an or giving a small donation. Make it all count! Also all of the shayateen will be locked away so we have no excuse for bad behaviour. This month is all about patience and cleansing your soul. Do your best to hold your tounge from saying bad words or talking about people behind their backs. Also try to forgive those who have wronged you and make amends with those you have wronged. Do your best to take advantage of all this month has to offer and enjoy the special family time at iftar with those you love. Also make sure to set the alarms to wake up for Suhur and to pray fajr. At iftar eat slowly and pace yourself so you don't get bloated before praying taraweeh. Most importantly drink tons of water during the night so you stay hydrated during the day! The last thing you want is a big headache caused by dehydration.

I hope this helps everyone who is looking to fast or celebrating the month of Ramadan. I give you all my best wishes! 

4 comments:

  1. Inspirational post!
    Hope u have a blessed ramadan inshallah :) xx

    - Khadija
    http://www.misshijabi.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the follow hun! Followed back! :)

      Delete
  2. Salama alayki Jenan, may the month be full of baraka for us all. I have clicked on the follow button but it say come back later so will do and get following inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem hun! I don't know why its doing that with everyone! Thank you for checking my page out! I love yours!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3