Monday, 14 April 2014

Marriage 101: Difference between Men and Women

I never fully understood the difference of thinking between men and women until I got married. It is so interesting to see how each gender thinks in certain situations. Some of things I have noticed so far irritate me because I couldn't understand why he wasn't able to listen and understand what was bothering me. Men tend to listen to the problems of women while focussing on finding a solution to their problems. For example, I could come home really bothered by a day at school or work and want to complain to my husband hoping that he would understand me and just be supportive. Instead he would listen to the problem and give me a list of solutions, like it was just that easy. It bothered me because I never wanted solutions, I just wanted my husband to make me feel better by listening and understanding. Part of it is my fault because before even beginning the conversation I had already set the expectation that he was going to shower me with love, understanding and support but that is simply not how he or most men respond. Men try to find solutions when sometimes women just need someone who will listen and feel for them. At least this is what I found in my situation. 

Another thing I am working to improve on is me telling him what to do. My husband just recently moved to Canada whereas I was born and raised here my whole life. So I sometimes find myself telling him how to act or how not to act in certain situations. I have to understand that he needs to learn social norms on his own and he is allowed to make some mistakes without my constant guidance. Also men do not liked to be bossed around or told that they are wrong. One of the most hurtful things you can do to a man is make them feel dumb or make them feel like they don't know what they are doing. A man needs to figure things out on his own and come up with ideas on his own and if he ever does need help with something he won't run to ask you for help first. This is something I noticed in my relationship and so I'm learning to back off and try understand that it can be difficult for a man to accept help from his wife. I know how that sounds but its true! All the men in my life like my dad or brothers or uncles and even grandparents would accept help in a situation from litterally anyone except their wives. It is so interesting and weird but I can understand it now.

These are just some of the things I've noticed in my relationship thus far. I want my blog to be more of a lifestyle blog including my experiences with products, life events and just daily happenings. My marriage is obviously a big part of my life and I like to share my experiences so hopefully someone can learn, relate or just enjoy the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3