Tuesday, 8 April 2014

A few of my favourite things: March Edition

I have been wanting to post this for so long now because I have been loving some products and I want to share my thoughts on them! It's kind of late for March favourites but I've been using these mostly throughout March and I love them!



I have been obsessed with this lipstick ever since I got in the mail! It is the perfect nude for medium/tan/olive toned skin. It gives a beautiful light pink hue without washing you out. It goes perfect to tone down or balance a smokey look and I absolutely love it!


I found this mascara randomly one day when I went to work and realized I forgot to put mascara on! So I ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed the first mascara with a slim wand that I found. It turned out pretty great actually and I use it as a dupe for Benefit's They're Real. WARNING: after a few hours of wear it does flake a tiny bit, They're Real Mascara does not do that! So if you don't want to pay a lot it's still a great dupe!


I know this is a popular item among beauty gurus and they are totally right! I love this product and I buy it in a lighter shade than my foundation because I use it as a highlighter under my eyes, around my laugh lines and around the redness under my nose. I don't have much to conceal so it makes an awesome highlight and brightens up my under eye area without creasing in fine lines. Note: I do set it with powder!



This product has been my favourite for the past two weeks! I cannot even begin to explain my love for this BB cream. I have never been into BB creams that much because I find them sticky and don't offer the coverage I like in a foundation. This BB cream is amazing! It evens my skin tone out perfectly and feels so light. I apply with my fingers as well which gets a beautiful blended look making my skin look like skin! I just love the dewy look it gives me without making me feel oily. Sometimes I set it with powder, mainly if I need a full day of coverage. It's just so easy and gives benefits a foundation does not. 




This one is obviously not a makeup favourite but I read all three books in March and I love the series. I like the realistic aspect of the ending and the way it was written really makes you never want to put them down! Great story and I loved the movie as well!



This website has been a life saver. I am an auditory learner and I understand and apprehend information best through listening. I used to be able to pick up a book and read when I was a kid, I loved reading and I was such a book worm. But lately ever since I got into university I hate reading. I can't focus for the life of me so this website/app allows me to enjoy reading again. I read the Divergent trilogy, The fault in our stars, Mockingjay and Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus all on Audible! It does cost money, first book is free but for people like me, it's worth every penny! I can listen while driving, doing dishes and before I go to bed just through my phone!


These are my favourites for March and I hope this gives you guys an idea of how they work and why I love them!

6 comments:

  1. great post ;) I've tried with audible and just couldn't do it! I'm a visual learner I can't comprehend what is being said unless i read it :p Your post reminded me how excited I am for summer just so I can start reading I have a big list I want to get through :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! I know, I have soooo many books to read this summer! I can't wait! Recommend me some books too, I would love to read them!

      Delete
  2. Great post! i really want to try the pro long wear concealer and i really want to read the divergent series! i ended up watching the movie before reading the book but it made me want to read the book even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend reading the books, the movie changed a lot of scenese so its interesting to see the difference! And the prolong wear is amazing! Get a sample first though to see how you like it!

      Delete
  3. That Mac lipstick shade looks soo pretty! I have been looking for a pinky nude for my olive complexion. Thanks for the recommendation :) New follower

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and you will love this colour, try it out in the store first though just in case but it is perfect for us olive girls!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love reading them and I will always reply when I can! <3